Niles Audio HDLCR High Definition Left, Center, Right Channel In-Wall / In-Ceiling Speaker (Each)
- The Niles Audio HDLCR High Definition Side / Rear Channel In-Wall / In-Ceiling Speaker is designed for use as a high definition, front left, center and right channel in multi-channel music or 5.1 / 7.1 channel home theater systems. They employ several unique components that have been specifically engineered to deliver the most subtle sounds in music or the booming action sound in a movie. This includes the Niles Directed Sound Field Geometry (DSFG). With DSFG, the tweeter is offset which results in the flattest frequency and phase response, offering the optimum performance to a seated listener, even if the speaker is mounted above a built-in TV. With Niles Audio high definition voice matching, these speakers sill be perfectly compatible with other Niles Audio HD in-wall, on-wall, and ceiling-mount models. The ideal setup would include the Niles Audio HDFX speakers, which are used as the side / rear channel speakers. They are the best choice for any home theater where the quality of sound is the most important consideration as they exceed specifications set forth by Dolby Laboratories for the accurate reproduction of Dolby Digital-Encoded Sources. One speaker is included; you will need to purchase three speakers to build out a front left, center and right channel installation.
About the Woofer
The Niles Audio HD speakers have a woofer that features an injection-molded TCC (Talc, Carbon, and Ceramic-filled) polypropylene cone that is extremely stiff and lightweight, which helps reduce breakup and lowers distortion while delivering an accurate, dynamic response. A butyl rubber cone surround dampens midrange resonance and provides exceptional durability. A vented pole piece adds powerful bass response. A bumpback woofer magnet allows a high level of bass performance to be achieved.
About the Tweeter
The Niles Audio HD speakers have a Teteron tweeter with a a tri-laminate design that eliminates unwanted resonances and prevents breakup modes, leaving an ultra-clear, sweet, natural sound which still maintains ultra-wide dispersion for clear and detailed high-frequencies. The tweeter is features precision adjustment control which moves in 1mm increments, then pivots for precise aiming of high frequencies. This can be done post-installation so you can direct sound in the ideal listening area.
There are two controls mounted on the front of the speaker that help fine tune your listening experience. 1) a Bass and Treble controls enable precise tone matching in any room, and 2) a CTR L/R mode switch to optimize performance in applications
as either a center channel or left/right loudspeaker for front-channel use. The speaker even has a a knock-out for an infrared (IR) sensor (Niles Audio MS110 – sold separately) installs discreetly behind the aluminum grille, when you want to control your equipment, you simply point your remote control at the speaker.
Please Note: High Definition (HD) Series speakers from Niles are designed for an in-wall (wall mount) installation as their primary application, but can be used for an in-ceiling (ceiling mount) application as well.
Installation options include the following corresponding products:
- LCR/FX Installation Bracket
For additional information regarding installation considerations and speaker placement, please refer to the owner’s manual. It describes in detail the following topics:
- Recommended amplifier power
- Speaker wire
- Incorporating a remote control
- Insulating the wall cavity
- Placement for critical listening
- The boundary effect
- Placement for varying listening positions
- Placement for home theater front applications
- Running speaker wire in new construction
- Concealing speaker wire in existing walls
- Installation of brackets, frame and grilles in new construction and existing walls
- Installation of the speaker, sensor and grille in new construction or existing walls
Specifications Manufacturer Niles Audio Manufacturer Product No. HDLCD, FG01151 UPC 760514011519 Construction 5-1/4″ injection-molded TCC (talc, carbon, and ceramic-filled) polypropylene woofer, 1″ fluid-cooled Teteron dome tweeter Recommended Amplifier Power 10W To 150W per Channel Nominal Impedance 4Ohms Frequency Response 65Hz – 21kHz +/-3dB Sensitivity 89dB for 2.83 volts of Pink Noise, measured at 1 meter on axis Overall Exterior Frame Dimensions 8-1/4″ X 14-1/2″ Depth Behind Wall 3-1/2″ (assumes 1/2″ Drywall) Wall Cut-Out Dimensions 7-1/8″ X 13-1/4″ Wiring Requirements We recommend 16 to 18 gauge stranded wire for up to 80 feet, 14 gauge stranded wire for up to two hundred feet. Connectors accommodate 12 to 18 gauge stranded wire Warranty Manufacturer Lifetime Limited
- 1x – Niles Audio HD speaker
- 1x – Grille
- 1x – Frames
- 1x – Cutout Templates
- 1x – Owner’s manual
Niles Audio IE 6 Metal Speaker Enclosure for Niles 6 Series Speakers (Each)
- The Niles Audio IE 6 Metal Loudspeaker Enclosure is the perfect compliment to a Niles Audio 6 Series loudspeaker. It provides consistent performance regardless of construction variations with an optimized enclosure volume that enhances bass response. They have been built with internal sound dampers, which reduce sound typically transmitted to nearby areas by at least 10db. Holes have already been drilled that ensure a hassle free installation of the included 3/8-Inch conduit cable clamp. If you need to attach a safety harness or a ceiling tile wire hanger, the enclosure has an integrated hanging tab.
- Enclosure Hole Cut Out: 8″ X 11″
- Enclosure: 8″ Length X 14″ Width X 3-1/2″ Deep
- Front Plate: 23-3/4″ Length X 17″ Width
- Exceeds One-hour Fire Rating Requirements Per The Following Standards ASTM E 119, NFPA 251, UL 263 & 2043, ULC CAN/ULC – S101, And UBC 7-1
- 1x – Enclosure
- 1x – 3/8″ Conduit Cable Clamp
- All Parts To Install The Enclosure In A Wide Range Of Ceiling Tile Systems
Niles Audio IRB1 High-Output IR Flasher
- The IRB1 is a small, cabinet-mount high output infrared flasher. When an IR remote sensor receives a command from a hand-held remote control, it sends a corresponding electronic signal through a wire to the main system unit. Here, the main system unit cleans and amplifies the electronic signal. Finally, the main system unit outputs the signal to the IR flasher which relays the infrared command to the audio/video component you wish to control. The IRB1 relays the infrared command using flashes of infrared light in a powerful flooding pattern from its two infrared LEDs. The output is extraordinarily accurate over a wide bandwidth. This allows the IRB1 to control most makes and models of IR controlled audio/video components.
Features and Benefits
This IR Flasher offers:
- Two infrared LEDs give the IRB1 exceptional range and power. With proper placement, a single IRB1 flasher can control an entire stack of audio/video components.
- The IRB1 is equipped with a 3.5mm plug. This provides you with easy hookup.
- An adhesive-backed strip is included with the IRB1, providing quick, secure, mounting.
- The IRB1 is supplied with an ample 10′ of connecting wire.
- IR System: Compatible with virtually all brands of remotes using carrier frequencies between 20 and 455 kHz.
- IR Transmitting Range: 18′ to 30′ if mounted so that the transmitting LEDs face the sensors in a direct line of sight.
- IR Transmitting Angle: Variable with the brand and/or model of the audio/video component. Because of the high power and flooding pattern of the IRB1, extreme transmitting angles can be successfully used if the sensor window of the component is close.
- Unit Dimensions: 1″ Wide x 2″ High x 3/4″ Deep (Includes double sided tape).
- Mounting Supplied with self-adhesive tape.
- Wiring Requirements: Supplied with 10′ of 2-conductor 22 gauge connecting wire and 3.5mm plug. Substitute an 18 gauge 2-conductor wire for distances ranging from 10 to 20′ and a 16 gauge 2-conductor wire for up to 200′.